The Truth About Alice

Title: The Truth About Alice

Author: Jennifer Mathieu

Format: Hardback, 199 pages

Time to Read: 3 Days

Goodreads Bio: Everyone has a lot to say about Alice Franklin, and it’s stopped mattering whether it’s true. The rumors started at a party when Alice supposedly had sex with two guys in one night. When school starts everyone almost forgets about Alice until one of those guys, super-popular Brandon, dies in a car wreck that was allegedly all Alice’s fault. Now the only friend she has is a boy who may be the only other person who knows the truth, but is too afraid to admit it. Told from the perspectives of popular girl Elaine, football star Josh, former outcast Kelsie, and shy genius Kurt, we see how everyone has a motive to bring – and keep – Alice down.

My Review: i usually don't even consider reading any book under 300 pages because i find it hard to get a good story across and get the reading really involved in less than that many pages, but this book for reals blows my rule out of the water! First i loved how it was written in four different POVs, i loveeeee that. i quickly connected to all of characters and knew where they were coming from on the issue of Alice. Now i know it took me 3 days to read this which is crazy, but it's not because i wasn't liking it, i just was getting into another book and was caught up in that :] Jennifer really knew how to write about how high school really is and how people can truly be.

Recommend: Yes :] its amazing short read but still provides a great story.