Sever (The Chemical Garden #3)

Sever - Lauren DeStefano

Title: Sever (The Chemical Garden #3)

Author: Lauren DeStefano

Format: Hardback, 371 pages

Number of days it took me to read: 8 Days

Goodreads Bio: With the clock ticking until the virus takes its toll, Rhine is desperate for answers. After enduring Vaughn’s worst, Rhine finds an unlikely ally in his brother, an eccentric inventor named Reed. She takes refuge in his dilapidated house, though the people she left behind refuse to stay in the past. While Gabriel haunts Rhine’s memories, Cecily is determined to be at Rhine’s side, even if Linden’s feelings are still caught between them.

Meanwhile, Rowan’s growing involvement in an underground resistance compels Rhine to reach him before he does something that cannot be undone. But what she discovers along the way has alarming implications for her future—and about the past her parents never had the chance to explain.

My review!: i really really liked this series. I read the 1st one in less than a day, took like 3 days to read 2nd, so seeing how it took me 8 days to finish this one tells you lots about this one. Overall I like this o e, plot went forward well, things happened, plot twist thrown in, secrets revealed, overall good but not great. The mid 200s dragged badly,  I just had a hard time staying in it for maybe 75 pages. Then it picked back up and the last 100 pages made up for it :) a good ending to the series but couldve lost 50 pages and then it would've been 5 stars.

Would I Recommend: yes :) definitely swings towards peeps who liked hunger games or divergent, a good twist on a future world.